Thursday, October 16, 2008

Dress Code for Court?

Gossip around the water cooler suggests that Androscoggin county may be considering a dress code for female attorneys appearing in court. Hmmmm. Certainly begs the question "why?" I'm trying to imagine my peers dressing so outrageously or inappropriately that they would offend the sensabilities of the bench.... and I'm hard pressed to conjure up that image.

In Cumberland County, I have seen Birkenstocks in court on both men and women attorneys, which do look a bit "hippiesque." (And I have seen cowboy boots that just look silly.) There is certainly a relaxed manner of dressing for some. However, I have yet to see an outfit (or shoe style) that seems truly inappropriate. So, I'm very curious to hear more from the Ando area...
Ladies??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Attorneys wear birks to court?!?